Saturday, January 22, 2011

Winelands

Once again a beautiful day in Cape Town! Just came back from the gym, we have been good and active, visiting the gym every other day:)I can feel my muscles again!
The musical Evita was good,I think it was well done and we enjoyed it very much, a few times very touching, I just love musicals and it is a great way to get a break! While we where watching Evita, Nico had his hands full with the girls, when they had a bath,they threw buckets of water on the floor so it was like a swimming pool on the floor...once again testing their limits...
Yesterday we took my mom& Markku to the winelands, we started from Paarl by visiting KWV, doing brandy&chocolate tasting( the only way I will drink brandy) and winetasting, and a few bottles came with us too. After that we went to the Nederburg Wine Estate, all of us trying different options, so we had a tasting of 19 different wines/brandy/dessert wines. I just loved their Special Late Harvest, so I bought a bottle to take home with me...nice a sweet to enjoy with a cheese platter....cant wait:) And after that we drove over to Franschhoek and had time to visit one more estate,Haute Cabriere, as it was already close to 4pm. And what a beautiful view from the estate.After that we stopped in town and enjoyed a bit of food/coffe and milkshakes:) before our drive back to Cape Town. I think we need to do one more visit to the winelands, as we didnt have time for Stellenbosch this time. A good idea for anyone who wants to explore the wine area is to stay there a few nights, they have all kind of accommodation styles available, guest houses,wine estate accommodation, hotels...
I will update with a few pictures soon again.
Enjoy your weekend, we will probably go to the beach in the afternoon, maybe see the sunset from there:)

Jannika

No comments:

Post a Comment