Tuesday, February 15, 2011

2 more weeks

Happy Valentines day to all of you, just one day late:) I just did not get time to write yesterday!
I have been a bit lazy with writing lately, but it is mainly because not so much has happened. Last week we spent with Nicos brother& his family in Thabazimbi, and Elizma of course:). Liina& Viivi enjoyed playing with their cousins Selkirk ( 8 year) and Luan ( 6 year), jumping up and down the trampoline trough the day and catching spiders...Selkirks passion I think. We had a relaxed time, it was really nice spending time with them all, doing nothing, I bought two James Patterson books from the bookstore and polished the books in 2 days, a real book worm these days, the week before I read 2 books also, one book written by James Patterson together with swedish writer Lisa Marklund, a very good book, it was partly placed in sweden,and then a book from a norwegian writer...sorry, cant remember the name, but a good book too:)
Yesterday we went to the gym in the morning, shopping and then suddenly it was already 5pm, and time to go meet my wonderful friend Annie, I havent seen her for a year and we had so much to catch up on :) I lived with her& her husband for quite some time before I met Nico, so we got very close.
Today I have been finalizing the last bits and pieces for my upcoming tour starting on thursday evening. Before the tour starts I have to sort out our visa extensions at Home affairs in Cape Town, Nico tried to call them yesterday to ask if the extensions have arrived, simple quetsion... but do you think he got an answer...no, he was put on hold and then nobody picked up, he called again and a third, fourth time and getting more and more furious, but always they put him on hold and then it just cut off, this just shows how a simple thing like checking facts from the computer can become very complicated, when people are not trained to do what they do! So the first thing tomorrow when I land in Cape Town is to get some answers from Home Affars, wish me good luck!
This will be my last tour of the season, and next season we wont be travelling here for 5 months, I will only come and do a few tours,and if Im lucky I find a finnish speaking person to do my christmas and new year tours and a few other tours , so I can have a white christmas in Finland:) I have one already in mind and it seems like it will work, will meet her on thursday. But I wont leave the guiding completely, I need to come a touch base every now and then, but also, it will be nice to have a chance to travel to other parts of the world too, New York, take the girls to Disney World, explore Europe...som much to see in a travellers world:)
In two weeks it is time for us to fly home again, home sweet home!

Have a great eveng everyone and take care.

Hugs,

Jannika

No comments:

Post a Comment