Wednesday, January 13, 2010

This and that and on the road

Goodmorning,

It is just after 7h00 and everyone is up....early mornings in this house! But it is africa and sun gose up 5h00.
Lots has happened since last, last thursday I said goodbye to my lovely group and while I didi that my hand bag was stolen at Jburg airport! I did NOT feel like starting sorting out everything but had no choice, I was tired and just wanted to get to the hisue, but as in my handbag I had my passport, wallet with all my creditcards money + much mor ein my bag, I had to start calling and canceling everything, phones, cards....and then I had to get a new passport quickly as tomorrow Im flying to Cape Town again. So, we had to make a police report at the airport and sort out everything, but until this day I have not heard anything from the police, no passport , no bag.
But ,life goes on and one cant think too much about ot, just have to be even more careful.
Then I had a few days at Elizmas house, my dad has arrived and will stay a few months. Jukka left back to Finland and I think he would have liked to stay a bit longer..:) Heli and Frantz arrived last friday and today we will get together, as I leave tomorrow for my last south african tour.
On sunday we pakced our car again with me, Nico , the girls and my dad and we hit the road towards the bush again, close to kruger Park. We went for a site inspection to Honeyguide tented camp, very nice. The trip there went well until 30km from the camp. What happened was that we had had car problems the day before, Nico, Nicos dad( as Nicos mom&dad visited us over the weeend) and my dad, all where bent over the car the whole day fixing it, and managed to fix it, but the 30km from the camp, the car started overheating and we had to stop, the last part took us 3 hours, luckily from the camp they came to pick me and the girls up while the men stayed behind to fix it., and managed to get teh car to teh camp, and after the morning drive the following day the fixed it all day long again, but got it right!:)
About the camp, we LOVED it, very simple but service top class, and the setting of the lux tents apart from each other in the bush made it very nice. The is no fences so all animals can walk trough the camp and at occasions they have elehants and lions passing by, mostly though antilopes zebras and other not dangerous animals, but in the evening one is not allowed to walk alone to the tent or around the camp. A very nice atmosphere in the camp. The girls where also allowed on the game drives and the girls loves it, they have seen so far lots of antilopes, zebras, giraffes, buffalos, lions, elephants....I will make an album for the girls with them interactin with animals. In a weeks time they will get to ride on elephants too:) More about that in a weeks time.
We came back yesterday as after Honeyguide we decided to drive trough Kruger Park and it took over 4 hours so we decided to not drive the 400km to Jburg , and we stayed over at a family lodge close to Nelspruit.
Now we are back in Jburg and today we are picking up Heli,Kalle and little Elsa, they will spend the day with us.
And pictures...I will try now to add some:)

Until later again,

Jannika

2 comments:

  1. hejsan!

    De va en tid sen du skrev i bloggen men bättre sent än aldrig.Det är ruljans hos Elizma hon får ta emot alla som kommer från Finland,hon behöver ej minsann känna sej ensam.
    Kram mamma,hälsa alla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Träffa din mor idag på Lady Line, så hon berättade det tråkiga som hänt. Men det är ju bara materiella saker så det glömmer man med tiden..
    Jag blev ju bestulen i Rom jag också och det kändes för j-vligt just då!
    Underbara bilder :-))Måste bara komma dit ngn gång...;-))Kram Immo

    ReplyDelete