Friday, January 29, 2010

7 more african weeks

Hello there,
We have been far over half the time here already, in a way it seems like we just arrived, but when I really think I see many memories flashing by and I realize how much we have done. Last 4 weeks has been busy busy for me, but I LOVE my job!
It is almost a week since I came back to Johannesburg, no stolen handbags at the airport this time, I had my handbag glued to me:)
Im very happy with this seasons tours, and it is with new energy and enthusiasm Im looking forward planning next season.
Our good friends Lena& Simon, thank you! Without you I had not been able to take part in the MATKA show in Helsinki this year.
The girls are doing fine, yesterday Viivi had a bit fever, but seems like she is ok today, running around as her usual self:)
We are preparing the last bits and pieces for our Namibian tour starting end of next week, I really looking forward to that, Nicos cousin is a guide in Damaraland and he is setting up a camp for us in the area where desert elephants walk...exciting! We will take lots ot pictures. This tour is to be able to plan bigger tours in future, see what works well etc. As In Nambia , 3 times bigger than Finland, lives only a bit over 2 miljon people! Imagine the distances between places, it might not be so easy to find a toilet when you need it..heheheee, besides the "behind the bus" toilet. We are traveling in a 4x4 vehicle tailormade by my friend Craig, windows can be taken off and it becomes a game vehicle...all in one car. And we will see the beautiful dunes at Sossusvlei!
The weather here has been quite good, a bit more rainfall and thunderstorms every other evening, but mostly good and around 30degrees.
Oh, and Liina & Viivi got to ride elephants last weekend, will put a few pictures from that. They loved it, Liina was more careful with feeding the elephant than Viivi.
I must admit that it will be nice to come back to Finland again, to our house and family and friends, our routines there, but I also know, when next fall is slowly moving in,it starts to get dark and cold, I will be so happy to come back a show this part of the world to many new guests. Once a traveller , always a traveller. Next year our plan is also to go to Vic Falls and go and check out Mauritius.
To all of you, have a wonderful weekend. We will go to the Rhino& Lion park tomorrow and have a braai afterwards, sounds good?:)

Jannika

No comments:

Post a Comment