Thursday, March 31, 2011

Plans in life

Hope you are all enjoying your day. I took the girls to dagis and then I have been sitting by the computer working with a few tours today, but before I tell more about that I have something else to share...
I have taken a few days to think and plan my future, what way to go and what to do. It is good to sit down and do that at some point in life, maybe this is the time for me as Im soon turning 40years old:)
As we decided not to travel to South Africa anymore 4-5 months a year , it opened other doors, I started thinking what will I do here in Finland that keeps me going, as the tours I will keep as a side thing, a fun thing to do, but not build up my whole life around it...so I decided I will carry on with my studies. Before I went out in the big world over 10 years ago I was studying developmental psychology, and somehow it feels like Im ending up at the same stop again with a lot of new life experience, I want to study again. I don´t have too much left to study and I think in future I will be able to combine my studies and my knowledge I have gathered trough my years in Africa in a way that makes me feel has a purpose. This is a process that can take time, as Im not so good at sitting and reading for exams/ sitting on lectures, but once I can implement things into real life it gives a meaning. So, the tours will carry on but in a way that suites my life ,family and plans, and I will start as a part time student. Feels good to make these decisions in life.
Today I have put in a new grouptour on my website, the program is only in english at the moment, it is to Namibia in November 2011, have a look at it :) here is the link: Namibia November 2011 More tours to follow in the next few days.
Our weekend was once again relaxed, we visited our very good friends Katcha& Anssi and the girls enjoyed playing together with Aina, she and Liina are best friends, soon they are going to start having sleep overs:) And Elias,who is now 5 months old and to whom we are godparents, is like and angel, smiling, sweat and so happy. As we where not here for his christening, we had not yet bought a present, so what we did, we named a star after him in the sky, so now when he looks up, there is a star always following him:) Here is the rhime to go with it:
`Elias, när du lyfter din blick och tittar upp i skyn
din stjärna tittar ner och mot dig ler
Elias heter stjärnan, Elias heter du
och vart du än går, din stjärna följer med´

As I still have a few hours until the girls are coming home, and the sun is shinig outside, Im going to go for a nice long run:)

Enjoy your day everyone out there!

Hugs,

Jannika



1 comment:

  1. Låter bra, ett av de bästa besluten du gjort på länge, att slutföra studierna.

    Kram mamma

    ReplyDelete