Thursday, November 25, 2010

Salt Rock by the Indian Ocean

I have waited to see the ocean the last few days! And now we finally are at the Indian Ocean, I can hear the waves outside out hotelroom, we are staying just by the ocean at Salt Rock Hotel, we decided to extend our stay here with one day so the girls( and we also:) of course) can enjoy the beach, sand and waves tomorrow:)Now it feels like holiday, maybe I catch a bit of a tan tomorrow, I will take many pictures of the area tomorrow too.
Otherwise our 3 first days have gone quite well, 1000km behind, Bongani was great, the views are wonderful from there. We didint go for a game drive, I think we had enough the week before,and the girls enjoyed the drive up to the lodge, took 30min with safari vehicles. Yesterday it was raining he whole day, luckily it was a driving day. And Mantenga Nature reserve was not what we expected! They have to improve a few things to make it work, service in the restauant very slow, and it is not like we ordered huge amounts, and it felt like the 10 people in the kitchen only was hanging around!Didnt see the swazi cultural show , so cant make a comment about that. But servise is very important and makes up for other things a place might be lacking.
But Salt Rock puts a smile to my lips, here I could stay a week, just listen to the waves, run along the sandy beach, enjoy the sun and atmosphere of a holiday town.
Liina& Viivi have travelled so good, Im very proud of them! They have not been impatient, even if we have travelled long distances, without long stops, but we also have a real family car we travelled with:) a combie, I think all our things would not have fitted into a normal car, now we have seats for 8 people, anyone like to join us...?:)
Sleep well and tomorrow I update with some pictures so I can share this wonderful place with you all.

Jannika

No comments:

Post a Comment