Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

A new year has started!
And Im on tour with a new group, this is my 3rd tour of the season, and all is going very well once again. At the moment we are in Pilgrims rest, an old gold digging vilage from the 1870's, nowdays the village is a museum with accommodation. Guests likes it here, it has a wild western feeling to it:) small wooden shops, saloon and restaurant, only one street to walk on, victorian styled rooms with old fashion bath tubs:) Back in time lots of european men came here in hope to find gold and become rich, nowdays they still arrange gold panning competitions here. It is a lovely place between the mountains, today it has been partly cloudy but still warm, close to+27.
New years eve we where in Cape Town, Nico and the children where with me there, and Elizma joined us. We had a good stay in Cape Town, new year we celebrated at the Gold Restaurant, traditional african dishes, dancing,singing and marimba music. Liina and Viivi where also with, and me and ELizma took teh girls to the hotel before midnight, but Liina was still awake at midnight so I took her outside to see the fireworkd from the V&A watrefront, beautiful!
I have had a problem with my troath the whole tour, probably from speaking all the time,and the air con in bus and rooms and weather changes, otherwise I have been lucky not to be sick at all.Like on all other tours, also on this one, a few people has catched the 'runny tummy' bug, best cure, plenty of water and let it out!:)...and in a days time you are fine again.
Tomorrow we are going to Kruger Park to spot some animals, lets hope luck is our friend and we see plenty. Kruger park will be busy as south africans also have summer holiday this time of the year.
Nico and the girl left behind in johannesburg yesterday and it feels so quite again without them around.I see them again in 4 days.I better use these moments to rest and gather some energy, everytime I have a free time from the guests . Luckily my group is good and I have done this some many times by now that the only obstacle is the weather...and that I cant do much about.So far all good.
A happy new year to everyone and hope it will the best year so far:)

Jannika

2 comments: