Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Visit and vacation

Sometimes years passes by and we dont see our friends, maybe they moved away to another country, maybe you moved,we get so busy with our own lives and all drifts apart. Yesterday I saw my friend Nina I havent seen over 15 years! We used to live a carefree life, do what we wanted, had all the time in our lives with great plans for the future, and both of us had a thing for travelling, no wonder we ended up on the other side of the world:)...Now we both have families, both have lived abroad, she stills lives in Australia, it was with a lot of excitement I look forward seeing her again, and her family. We had a lovely evening, a lot to catch up on, and our children in the range 2-4 years played great together, I will add a few pictures later. I realized she has not changed a bit, it was just like catching up again from where we left off, 15 years just vanished:)

Next week my vacation start, nice long sleep-in mornings, I will try to keep my agenda as empty as possible:) We do have to finish painting the house thought, that is the only must ! Then the following week we will do a holiday trip, all to the girls favorit places,first we will visit Mumindalen and from there we take the Silja Line ship over to Stcokhokm and drive to Vimmerby to visit Astrid Lindgrens Värld and you can believe the girls are already excited to see Pippi Longstocking and Emil! Then we drive back to Stockholm , spend a few days there before we take the ship over to Helsinki, and visit some friends before we start our journey home again. We do like to drive around, but next year I think I wouldn´t mind going to an Island somewhere, just having a holiday with late mornings, blue ocean, great food, warm weather and swimming.

From August I will start writing once a week about South Africa, all about accommodation, activities, backpacking, dining, safaris etc....every week a new topic:)

Enjoy summer!

Jannika

No comments:

Post a Comment