Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chapmans Peak drive

Last night was windy, a storm. I had planned to go jogging at 6am with a friend, but 5am I got a sms, saying no chance of jogging,as we probably will blow away. Today we went for a drive along the western coastline towards Cape Point,and the ever so beautiful Chapmans Peak Drive is always worth driving. The views over the Atlantic ocean and the cliffs,mountainside is amazing. I took a few pictures I will add.









After that we stopped for late lunch at the Barnyard, and Liina go to ride on a horse. It is a touch and feed farm, but I must say it needs some upgrading, I had expected something very different, like an idyllic little farm in a beautiful setting, with an old, rustic feeling to it,but it was far from that...maybe 10 years ago! Even the kiddies playground was like a forgotten place. The website looked so inviting and perfect for a day out with the children. But the food was good and Liina enjoyed her horseride, maybe she can start taking ridingclasses once we get home again?I know she would like to.






That is about all we have done today:)
Sun is shining, no signs of last nights storm, it was gone in the morning, wonder when we are getting some rain? It hasnt rained for 2 weeks here...I would not be suprised if it rains on friday when my guests arrive!

Hugs,

Jannika

1 comment:

  1. Jannika,

    Det lär inte komma många droppar regn förrän till hösten (alltså april eller maj). Chapmans Peak är fantastiskt och ja, jag håller med om Barnyard. Det ligger så bra och fint men behöver verkligen en upp fräschning!
    Lycka till med din grupp!

    ReplyDelete