Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Back in Johannesburg again

We are back from our roadtrip, it is always nice to be on the road but it is also nice to come back home, and home is where most of the belongings are at the moment, that is Elizmas house.
What did I write about last....must have been before we went to Entabeni Game Reserve. On monday morning we started quote early our drive to the bush, Waterberg area, we stayed in the Entabeni Game Reserve for 1 night. The trip there was supposed to take 3 hours but I think we where on the road for 5 hours, as we relied too much on the gps that took us in a circle, but, we all enjoyed the drive and we had some amazing scenaries on our way to the camp. I have taken pictures, but pictures does not always do justice, one cant capture the feelings and smells into pictures, it is only something one has to experience, that is why you all have to come to South Africa yourself:) But I try my best to share with you our journey in SA trough writing and photographes.
Our camp at Entabeni, Lake side lodge, was nicely set by a lake, night times the hippos comes up to eat and the monkies climbed around in the trees,Liina and Viivi loved to sit by the window and watch them , carrying their babies on their stomach, sweet:)
On monday evening me and Kira went on a 3 hour game drive, when we left it was cloudy, after a while it started raining, got windy, we sat with rain coats on( provided by our ranger) it was fun in a way, and then we drove to a beautiful viewing spot high up, and then the sun came out and we enjoyed a beautiful african sunset:) We saw animals, different antilopes, zebras.....on our way back when it started getting dark, we almost drove into 5 rhinos( noshörning) , one came around from the back and had almost his horn on our vehicle!
The following morning Nico went on game drive with Kira at 6.30 am, I stayed in bed and thought I get a nice and long sleep-in morning...but 7am Viivi jumps up with a huge smile and that was it for my long sleep.
After breakfast we left the camp and of course compared it to other camps we have been at , it gets a rating ok, a few things missing like ambiance and dedication, our ranger Trevor was good but otherwise a bit boring place, location good....This is part of my job, to see places and compare and see the value of it, very hard work:) and I love it!
Then our journey back to Johannesburg started, sunshine all the way, 30+, last night we went out for dinner, I had sushi, I need to mention this becuase Immo would LOVE it here, I had 14 pieces for 15 euros.
Today we have had sort of a shopping day, I got new Asics...means I have to excersise again, Kira is on a go ever day, she is like me 4 years back, up at 6 am , training and running an hour,hope I get some inspiration from her to get a new start.
That is all we have been doing so far, and only 1 week + until the tour starts, not yet nervous.
No one has been sick and all of us have a good time.
Bye bye

4 comments:

  1. låter spännande och intressant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej!
    Hämtar Morrison. Han skall bo i Helsingby över helgen. Må så gott! Gunilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloj!
    Nam nam sushi;-))
    Vädret idag söndag bläää...det har varit riktigt härligt dom senaste dagarna. Lite snö tom.
    Vi har en flugsvärm i vårt hus såhär i mitten på november..har egnat veckoslutet med att jaga flugor! Varifrån kommer dessa??????Det är säkert 150 st. minst?????

    Kramaar till er alla,Immo

    ReplyDelete